Welcome to Stone Rock Pizza
We’re a locally based, family owned business who have used our International travels and influences to bring something continentally inspired back to Chepstow.
Scott was born and raised locally but left the area many years ago to play Rugby Union abroad, firstly in Italy for 2 years, and then to Madrid, Spain where he remained for over a decade running an events business. During his time on the continent he developed an appreciation of good food and wine, and an understanding of the patience and love required in producing it.
Danielle, who is originally from Santa Barbara, California, but has strong Italian family connections, grew up making and eating authentic Italian dishes with her Neapolitan ‘Nonna’ (Grandmother). She met Scott whilst living in Madrid, Spain and rest as they say is history!
California & Bo, their 2 little girls unselfishly fill the role of Chief Pizza tasters.
Let’s not forget their ‘Brother in Pizza’ Pasquale, who left his beautiful homeland of Puglia in Italy to help set up and develop Stone Rock Pizza. He’s now a fully-fledged Chepstownian who isn’t hard to spot around town.
Stone Rock Pizza opened in April 2017 and is honoured to have won a number of National Awards during its brief history.
- Gold Award for Best Independent Pizzeria in the UK (Pizza & Pasta Association Awards 2017)
- Highly Recommended Pizza Pasquale Mangiacotti (PAPA 2017)
- Runner Up for Best Pizza in Wales (Welsh Italian Awards 2017)
- Gold Award for Best Independent Pizzeria in the UK (Pizza & Pasta Association Awards 2018)
- Finalist and awaiting results for the Best Pizza & Best Pizzeria in Wales (Welsh Italian Awards 2018)